1+1+1 = <1 !!??

I have a split level house. Three bedrooms are on the upper floor; the furnace is in the basement on the opposite end of the house. A dedicated supply duct comes off the furnace, across the house and up to the second floor.  There it forks off to the three rooms.  I have cut off two of the rooms and installed mini-splits.  I expected the airflow to the third bedroom to increase dramatically.  It has not.  In fact, it may have decreased.  The airflow is almost undetectable.  An HVAC professional has suggested blocking off the vent in the room and pulling air out of the duct about 10′ before the old vent and creating a new vent in the room.  His theory is that the current vent is at the end of the duct and there needs to be some air stacked up before the vent in order to maximize airflow — due to static pressure.  I’m at a loss and would appreciate any feedback/guidance.  Please let me know if I can better explain anything.  THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Marked As Spam
Posted by Hot and Cold
Asked On November 20, 2018 10:25 AM
Add Comment

Post Your Answer

Attach YouTube/Vimeo clip putting the URL in brackets: [https://youtu.be/Zkdf3kaso]